Sunday, June 24, 2007

Texas food


I need to give my buddy Ross credit for this one. He told me about a cool blog that he found called Homesick Texan.


The author is an expat Texan living in New York city. She writes primarily about the food of Texas with some awesome recipes.

For all those Iowa folks that had to put up with 7 years of my complaining about the food, here you can find what Texas food is all about - Cheese Enchiladas, Sopapillas, Barbecue, Chicken Fried Steak with cream gravy, sheet cake... oh my goodness... I'm getting light headed. She even has the recipe for gingerbread pancakes from one of my favorite restaurants in Austin called Magnolia Cafe. I have had those pancakes. They are out of this world - I can't wait to make them.
-
Just thought I would share the wealth.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

C'mon down and we'll make some real good Texas food!

Jenna said...

That previous comment was from Joey. But I noticed a Magnolia Cafe in Lewisville--same cafe chain? Gingerbread pancakes sound super fantastic. :)

Greg said...

To my knowledge there are only 2 Magnolia Cafes and they are both in Austin. If there is a restaurant in Lewisville by the same name, I would bet that it is different.

Steve said...

It is clear that Greg is covering deep pain. How hard it must be for him to face the reality that he can't regularly enjoy Iowa cuisine. Oh, the sheer bliss of biting into a pork tenderloin sandwich from Joensy's. What could be better than an Iowa chop grilled to perfection. Greg, Iowa is just a car ride away.