Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I've been wondering how to say this

I haven't posted on this blog in over two months. It's not that I haven't had anything on my mind. Just the opposite. I have just had precious little that I could share in a forum as public as this. I am going through a tremendous time of transition right now - a transition that impacts me, my family and my church. About a month or so ago Kelly and I made the decision that it was time for me to step out of the sr. pastor role at Garden Community Church. There is nothing immoral or unethical going on - I was not asked to leave - my marriage is fine - I didn't steal from the church - none of that. We simply came to the conclusion that the church needed a different kind of leader and I need a better ministry fit.



The last couple of weeks have been painful for a lot of people - including me. Lots of questions. Lots of conversations. It's been hard on everyone.



Kelly and I are not sure what comes next for us. While we realize that it is not usually the way of wisdom to resign a position without a clear path ahead - we felt it was time to move on nonetheless. I have had several job conversations over the past few weeks as I have tried to figure out where we are going to land. Nothing set yet. Kelly and I are planning on relocating closer to family in either San Antonio, Dallas or Des Moines. Each of those cities not only represent great places to live long-term, but also soft places for us to land during a time of transition. If you think about it, please pray that God will make straight our path.



On a happy note - we got an offer on our house as soon as word got out that it would be for sale. We are still figuring out the contract details. I hope it all works out - that would be great.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

We're praying for you, Greg! (We'd love to see you wind up in Dallas.)

The Bullhorn said...

I continue to pray also, my friend. I'm eager to see what God works out for your future.

Mama Gail said...

You are a class act, Son-in-Law. We are proud of you and commend you for the way you've conducted yourself during this difficult time. Of course we vote for San Antonio, but Dallas is a lot closer than Hesston. Des Moines would be a huge blessing to Erika, so I couldn't complain about that either. We'll keep praying & trusting the Lord to show you the next step.

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg, Jim and I will miss you guys when you move and are glad you came to Clover Lane. We know that God will guide you step by step just like the Rich Mullins song says. A verse that you might like in these days is one we chose for 2008 as a family verse: Jeremiah 33:3-- Call on Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Thankful for your family. J and K Schott

Ray and Janell said...

greg, i'm bummed that kansas city isn't one of the cities on your list of "potential" locations. :-) we love you guys and will continue to pray for you in this time of transition.

Stephen said...

Ashley-Nicole and I have been and will continue to pray for you. Please keep us posted! Blessings!

-Stephen