Friday, March 9, 2007

May I suggest the Monkey Blend?


I just came in from roasting what promisses to be a fine batch of coffee beans - Sweet Marias' Espresso Monkey Blend - one of my favorites. But, now I smell like smoke because I roast in the garage without any ventilation. When it is chilly outside I roast with the garage door closed so the cold air won't affect the roast times. But, when someone opens the door, smoke billows out. I am sure I get strange looks. What's that's pastor doing in his garage anyway?

Why do I roast my own coffee? Because fresh roasted coffee is really, really good. And, I can feed my caffeine habit for about $5 per pound - about half the price of Starbucks. If anyone is interested in learning more about roasting their own coffee - Sweet Marias is the place to start. I have a link on this blog. Sweet Maria's will teach you everything you needed to know, and more. But, if you try to roast your own, don't even think about doing it inside your home - you will set off every fire alarm and your house will not smell like fresh roasted coffee, it will smell like burnt popcorn - for days. Trust me on this.

No comments: